Primary School, for students aged 6-11 years
MILE Primary is a “paritaria” school officially recognized by MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education), as well as being Cambridge Assessment International certified. In the Primary years, we develop a bilingual curriculum in Italian and English, through highly experienced and qualified teachers who have either English or Italian as their mother tongue.
We aim to give children a solid educational foundation and stimulate their passion for knowledge by enriching their learning experiences and providing them with the necessary tools to live in the modern world, be they academic, social, linguistic or technological. Our classes have a limited number of students to give teachers the time to focus their attention on the individual needs of each child.
We offer personalised teaching, designing an individual approach for each student. Students study four core subjects: Italian, English (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening), Mathematics and Science in addition to complementary subjects, such as Spanish, Art (Munari Lab), Music, Drama, Geography, History, ICT, Physical Education and Robotics/Coding.
Our native English teachers educate the children on the English language through key learning areas.
- Enquiry-based learning – children use a range of research methods to lead their own learning, incorporating innovation and technology, through Laboratories;
- Developing mental maths skills with certificates recognising achievement;
- Phonics and guided reading – develop core literacy skills;
- Extra-curricular activities, trips and visits – enhance children’s Learning, incorporating local culture;
- Personal development activities – stimulate the holistic growth of each student;
- Learning Celebrations – classes share their learning to children and families in organized events.
Technology is an integral part of our innovative teaching method. All students starting from the 3rd grade of Primary are provided with iPads, which enable them to develop their confidence with ICT tools. An ICT Laboratory helps them deepen their knowledge of technological subjects.